Thursday, April 2, 2009

"God laid it on my heart"? "A personal relationship with Jesus"?

I'm looking for thoughts (positive and negative) about the concept of a "personal relationship with Jesus/God."   

If you've experienced this, what does it "look" like?  Feel like?  What takes place in this relationship?  How did it come about?

Do you say things like, 
  • "The Lord laid it on my heart to...", or 
  • "God impressed on me that...", or 
  • "God has convicted me about...", or
  •  "The Lord spoke to me and said..."?  
How did that happen?  How did you know it was God speaking to you?  What was the topic? What did you learn?   Were you looking for/praying for guidance on that issue? 

Have you ever met anyone who felt led/convicted in a different direction?  How did you (or did you) reconcile that with how you personally were led?

Feel free to make a comment here, or e-mail me at bqdell@gmail.com.  And send your friends!

Oh, and this is for my personal edification, not for any kind of story research.  If I ever do decide to do anything with any of these comments I'll be sure to contact you before I quote you.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Questions, Barb!
    Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ. Yes, I have experienced this... What does it feel like...? Do you mean at first or as time goes on....?



    "Do you say things like,

    * "The Lord laid it on my heart to...", or
    * "God impressed on me that...", or
    * "God has convicted me about...", or
    * "The Lord spoke to me and said..."? """"

    Yes, I do say things like this... Am I always looking for guidance, - No.....
    What was the topic... well , the topics are different. But it usually involves some kind of ministering or encouraging that the Lord wants me to do for Him. Sometimes it is something He wants me to do in my life... for Him.
    What have i learned... that His way is always the best and can be quite an journey(although I might not realize it till the end of the journey! LOL

    Yes, there have been plenty of times I have felt led in different directions then another.
    That depends on the situation. But I do feel that each one needs to follow the Holy Spirit and it iasnt always going to look the same.
    I am sure I havent answered your questions... Lets talk some more....
    Love Ya, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to answer how I know it is Gods voice. It is something that has developed within my heart over the years... just as babies learn to recognize theirmothers voice... Part of it was to step out in faith when i thought it may be Him and being right and wrong helped to strengthen the knowledge of when it was Him...

    ReplyDelete